About Joni’s Canton
Joni’s Child Care & Preschool believes that all children are loving, inquisitive beings in a constant state of learning. A careful balance of structured activities, free choice, self-expression, and situational teaching provides varied opportunities to learn and develop. Emphasis is placed on process over product and children are encouraged to move toward increasing independence, both socially and academically.
Children are encouraged to observe the environment around them, ask questions, and offer answers. Children are capable of demonstrating manners and respect for themselves and others. Teachers are facilitators, role models, and cheerleaders.
- Infants (ages 6 weeks to 14 months)
- Toddlers (ages 15 months to 3 years)
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4)
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- Kindergarten Club (ages 4 to 5)
- Private Kindergarten (ages 5 to 6)
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12)
- Summer Program (ages 5 to 12)
To create a happy and healthy child care environment based upon positive reinforcement and respect.
All programming is designed to meet one or more of the following goals:
- Create an environment that encourages the desire for the learning process.
- Teach respect for self and others.
- Provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities to stimulate and encourage fine and gross motor skills, cognitive development, socio-emotional development and other learning skills.
All 4 of the Joni’s Child Care & Preschool centers are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This is a rigorous set of standards beyond those required by the State of Connecticut. A nationally trained team of inspectors spend several days in each program reviewing all aspects of the curriculum, teacher qualifications, interactions, communications and management. It takes several years to complete the accreditation process and then must be maintained through annual reporting systems, unannounced visits, and emerging standards.
Open Door Policy
Communication is critical to meeting the individualized needs of each family. Starting at the initial tour and continuing throughout our years together, we strive to maintain open, honest, and informative interactions. All Joni’s programs maintain an “Open Door Policy”, encouraging families to visit and participate in all areas of a day’s events.
The Location of Our Preschool
Joni’s Child Care & Preschool, Canton center is conveniently located on Rte 44 at 352 Albany Tpke, Canton, CT 06019. Parents enjoy ample parking and keypad entry into the building. We provide transportation and Before & After Care for school-age children from both Cherry Brook Primary School and Canton Intermediate School.